Wednesday, May 19, 2004

100 things about me...

I saw lists like this on numerous blogs like these
so I thought I would try it myself. Is it a spiritual practice? Zen teaches me to dissolve myself not enumerate myself. But it is also about self exploration. And fun. So here goes.

1. I could not decide what to put first so I will leave this one empty.
2. I am a perfectionist.
3. I am a scientist.
4. I worry about my weight 70% of my waking hours.
5. I love to eat junk food but I won't admit it publicly... uhoh!
6. Popcorn is my favorite indulgence, sometimes I go to the movies just as an excuse to eat copious amounts of popcorn.
7. I am the eldest of three daughters.
8. I often feel uncomfortable like I don't belong or fit in.
9. I hate being the center of attention.
10. I get nervous when I realize people are listening to what I am saying.
11. I want to take an acting class.
12. I was once skewered by a knitting needle, by accident.
13. I love dark, small places, like caves.
14. I am not afraid of heights.
15. I bite my nails, but not 'til they bleed, just a little.
16. I have my mother's legs. :(
17. I have my father's hair. :)
18. I used to think my eyes were large but lately I realize they are small. Very disappointing.
19. I hate pain. I take ibuprofen at the first sign of it.
20. I am a biochemist.
21. I love to look up things on the internet.
22. I hate perfume.
23. I love essential oils.
24. I have studied Reiki and am a level III practitioner.
25. I have tarot cards but haven't used them for a while.
26. I own hundreds of books, I love each one.
27. I tend to be a collector.
28. I love earrings, I have many pairs, some I made myself.
29. I don't like necklaces (they choke me) bracelets (get in the way) or rings (look bad on my stubby hands).
30. I am married---second time.
31. My husband is Russian.
32. I have been to Russia twice.
33. I used to scare my youngest sister by putting a green superball in front of my left eye and claiming I was Kukulamunga.
34. I also would scare my sisters by pretending I was only a head like that movie "The Head That Wouldn't Die."
35. I was a loving but 'pain in the ass' big sister.
36. My parents are both dead, both had brain aneurysm.
37. I used to really worry when I got headaches, but now I don't. I don't know why.
38. I am not much of a worrier although sometimes I try to be because it seems to show you care (ex-mother-in-law taught me that).
39. I am still on good terms with my ex-husband. We don't talk much but I still care about him.
40. When I look back 20 years, I can see that I was really young.
41. I will be 40 in 2.5 weeks.
42. I am doing this instead of working and I feel really guilty about it.
43. I like my job most of the time but I really wish I had enough money so I could do whatever I want.
44. I drive a Honda Civic Hybrid.
45. I am concerned about the environment.
46. I am a pushover, if you call me and ask me to donate to your cause, I probably will.
47. I believe in giving.
48. I often feel guilty that I have so much while people around the world are starving and suffering.
49. I cry at movies, songs, books, poems, sometimes even commercials.
50. I have learned that if you blink a lot, most people don't know you are about to cry (at least I hope I fooled them).
51. I write poems when I am upset or angry.
52. I have written very few happy, joyful or pleasant poems.
53. I got a C in composition in college and gave up trying to be a writer.
54. I still dream of being a writer.
55. I am too concerned about what other people think of me.
56. I am working on eradicating all my bad traits.
57. I am optimistic.
58. I love Star Trek, it is such an positive picture of the future.
59. I read Star Trek novels in PDF format, when on a roll, one a day.
60. I have published my scientific work in several respected journals.
61. I am not especially proud of my scientific work, its good, clear, reproducible science but not particularly creative.
62. I have trouble accepting praise or believing it.
63. I love lots and lots of things and have many interests.
64. I am enthusiastic.
65. I try to do things I am afraid of.
66. I like to help people.
67. I love being part of a smooth functioning team.
68. I earned money for college by waiting tables in a restaurant in a family owned amusement park.
69. I liked waiting tables, I got into the flow during the dinner or lunch rush.
70. I grew up poor, sometimes on welfare and foodstamps.
71. I want to be compassionate to homeless people but I feel really afraid and uncomfortable around them.
72. I don't feel comfortable around wealthy people.
73. I love organization and neatness.
74. Many times I am not particularly neat or organized.
75. I always hated my handwriting, not as beautiful as Kerri Boyer's (friend in 1st grade).
76. My favorite color is green.
77. My favorite numbers are 4 and 6.
78. I could never name a favorite book or song or movie. I like many for my many moods.
79. I once broke my personality down into 4 different people, two female, two male.
80. I am glad I am a girl/woman/female.
81. I wear makeup--it is like painting only on your face.
82. I love colors.
83. I paint but don't show people my paintings--usually.
84. I love to make CD's of my playlists for friends and family.
85. I love iTunes.
86. I put a lot of effort into choosing songs and putting them in the 'best' order, making my playlists tell a story or becoming sort of a 'song poem'.
87. I played viola all through grade school and high school. I loved being part of the orchestra and string ensemble.
88. I hated tuning my viola because I was never sure it was right.
89. I have always had a depressing suspicion that I am tone deaf.
90. I am vegetarian.
91. I hate it when people ask me why I am vegetarian because mostly they ask to try to argue with me. I never ask people why they are carnivorous and I don't try to convert anyone. Just leave me alone, ok?
92. I love to cook, I love to read cook books and magazines.
93. I subscribe to Martha Stewart Living.
94. I am a magazine junkie.
95. People said it was hard to think of 100 things but I don't think so.
96. I often change my hair.
97. I used to love playing Barbies.
98. I am very competitive and can get nasty when I lose.
99. I am very uncoordinated.
100. I really liked making this list and will probably add more later.

100 things about me...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list!! I want to try it for myself but I'm afraid I'll run out of ideas by point 17, the latest...

Anja

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://jdsikgnn.com/rwzy/ogtm.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zzxgnhic.com/fcec/neln.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://jdsikgnn.com/rwzy/ogtm.html | http://zskvkgna.com/gtmj/faou.html