Wednesday, June 9, 2004

Refuge from negative thoughts

In honor of a wonderful post at Kat's Paws I added another CD to my listening list. Refuge is a beautiful CD - a combination of Roth's rhythms and Tibetan chants by Russian singer/song writer, Boris Grebenshikov. This CD is not like most of Gabrielle Roth's others, it does not have a very fast tempo and I don't think it would work well for dancing the 5 rhythms. But for walking, giving a massage, working around the house or writing your blog it is great! And when I listen to it my negative thoughts slowly float away leaving me feeling peaceful and uplifted. I like the other CD's by Roth that I have, Bones, Trance, Zone Unknown, Tongues, and Ritual but Refuge is extra special.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks tinne! i'm going to slowly buy her music over time on itunes.

are you a massage therapist? how did you find reiki? what's your favorite roth cd for dancing the 5 rhythms? so many questions! ;-)

-kat

Holly Miller said...

Hi Kat,

I am not a massage therapist but I have often thought about studying it. I came across Reiki demonstration at an alternative health fair. The woman doing the demo was so kind and gentle that I decided to go to her healing circle, later I studied three levels of Reiki with her. It is hard to choose but I guess I like Bones the best. I use itunes too! I just bought Ani Difranco's song 'Both Hands' because you said it was one of your favorites! :)

Anonymous said...

I am a massage therapist and have most of her cd's except Refuge so I may order it thanks to your post. The only one I've used in massage is Luna. I use her music for ecstatic dance. Her Sweat Your Prayers book is fabulous. I recommend Endless Wave Volume One for getting started because it contains the voice-overs by Roth.

ellie

http://pinkadelic.typepad.com/body

Holly Miller said...

Hi Ellie,

I love Sweat Your Prayers too! I put on Roth's CDs, close my eyes, and dance 'til I'm exhausted. It is so releasing for me since I spend so much time in my head. I want to get Luna, the clips sound great.

I don't know if you saw it but I linked to one of your posts (Male Order Bride) a while back. I am pretty new to blogging so I didn't know the proper way to let you know about it. Blogger doesn't do trackback as far as I can tell.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tips ellie!

i've been considering studying massage therapy as well. i'm going to a day-long intro workshop at the end of the month, so we'll see.

i'll let you know what pops up around reiki! :-)

-kat
http://katspaws.blogs.com