Sunday, May 23, 2004

Zen and then gardening

I awakened with a start and looked at my watch. 6:40 AM! I am late! I must leave now to go to the zendo. I rushed, getting dressed and was about to walk out the door when I looked at clock on the stove and saw 2:59 AM. I thought it looked especially dark outside and it was very hard to get out of bed. I tried to talk myself out of going several times but I was also proud of myself that I didn't listen. It was delicious to go back to sleep for 3 hours. I woke up at 6, had a cup of green tea and went to meditate. I was shoji again today. Still made mistakes but I felt a bit more comfortable. On the way home, I was driving and just really enjoying the birds, the trees, and then I looked in the mirror and saw a car behind me and I realized I was going pretty slow. (oops)

I am wondering
Is it ok to write a boring entry
In your blog
To show the world
Your inner bland?


I spent the afternoon planting herbs and flowers. The flowers/herbs I planted:

Bleeding heart - one pink, one white
Oriental poppy - scarlet
sedum (I don't know the name of the variety)
basil
rosemary
sage
thyme
curly parsley
Italian parsley

Isn't the Plants Database cool?




No comments: