Monday, May 24, 2004

Shine time

From Creating a Charmed Life by Victoria Moran

Everybody needs some time to shine, time to be recognized, special, admired. It's not selfish, its human.

But if you're not getting enough of your own shine time, it's easy to be needy, whiny and pitiful. ...the shine deficient tend to resent other people's accomplishments and dampen their dreams.

For your own benefit as well as those around you...

Indulge yourself often in what you do well.


Spend time with people who think you're splendid and will tell you so.


Celebrate yourself.

Mark the occasions of your life with fun and festivities. Never get too old for birthdays.

Train those close to you to appreciate shine time by giving them some.

Keep track of their special days. Notice their accomplishments. Never leave an honest compliment unspoken.

Don't downplay your successes.


When you're in the limelight, invite others to share it.


When the world isn't noticing you, notice yourself.


Allow other people unimpeded shine time.


Welcome shine time as a cyclic experience.






This is one of my favorite ideas or 'secrets' in the book. I read this in the library and decided to buy a copy of the book for myself. I want to keep these ideas in mind. This week I will encourage shining, both myself and those around me. And maybe we can make this world a brighter place.

No comments: