Wednesday, August 4, 2004

Media bias

My sister sent me this article from the NYTimes about media bias.


Some selected quotes/links to whet your appetite:

As the movie "Outfoxed" makes clear, Fox News is for all practical purposes a G.O.P. propaganda agency.

In response to some of the G.O.P. scripting which portrayed the Democratic Convention as showing a 'different' side of the party (e.g. John Leo's column) Paul Krugman writes:

Luckily, in this age of the Internet it's possible to bypass the filter. At C-Span.org, you can find transcripts and videos of all the speeches. I'd urge everyone to watch Mr. Kerry and others for yourself, and make your own judgment.

Media watch sites:

The Campaign Desk
Media Matters
The Daily Howler

Other sites I have come across:

Air America Radio
Mother Jones
(just started my subscription, love the July/August issue)

I'll end with a scary/funny poster published in Mother Jones from Micah Wright's Propaganda Remix Project.




No comments: