Monday, May 31, 2004

Last of May, tidying....

There are a few snippets that I didn't get to talk about this month.

Two films I watched this month but haven't reviewed yet:

The Crying Game (****)

I know, I know, how could I not have seen that before but I didn't. I really liked it. The idea of a person having an unchanging nature is worth pondering. I guess it is a good thing if it is a positive character trait but what if it is a negative one? Does that mean we cannot improve ourselves? I really don't feel that is correct. It sounds very hopeless to me.

The Funeral (***)

This is a Japaneses film directed by Juzo Itami, who also made "Tampopo" which I really liked. The Funeral was not nearly as funny (it really wasn't funny at all) and it was rather long and tedious. I guess it is an interesting view of Japanese society... maybe I just wasn't in the mood.


Yesterday we visited the Fire Island Light House. Beautiful weather on the beach although a bit too chilly for swimming.



Blog Goal for June

Figure out how to post my own pictures. I have started a photoblog at buzznet but it is still very rough, not ready for viewers. I'll keep you posted.






cover


The Crying Game


cover


The Funeral

No comments: